Has your business recently experienced a setback? Have you lost the trust of your customers? Large companies ranging from Target to JP Morgan have had sensitive data stolen by hackers. Businesses may also suffer a loss of customer trust when an employee behaves in an appalling way or there’s a defect in one of the products.
Powerful writing is essential for improving your reputation and restoring customer confidence. The way you communicate should be clear and honest, setting the right tone and not coming across as vague or insincere.
What are some of the things you’ll need to do after your reputation has taken a hit?
- Explaining what went wrong and apologizing for it.
- Describing what you’ve learned.
- Stating what you’ll do to fix the problem and improve the situation.
- Providing updates on progress.
- Sharing positive news about your company (you’ll need some good press).
To rebuild your business reputation, you’ll need to write up:
- Press releases.
- Content for Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms.
- Blog posts.
Don’t discount the importance of clear, powerful writing when working to rebuild your business reputation. Mistakes in communication will only further the impression that your business is unreliable and not deserving of trust.